Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Video Recording Problems

So, many of you guys have probably heard tell you that I've run into troubles. It's either my computer breaks down once, then I get it back and everything's gone, or parts of a video is messed up, and I'll need to redo it. Stuff like that. Well, I just need to tell you that it seems like with recording Nancy Drew games, bad luck comes. Anyways, I'm hear to tell you that something else happened. I kind of told about it in one of my blog posts, Nancy Drew: Secret of the Scarlet Hand- Part 2 Update. Well, I tried to get the messed up part fixed so I replayed the game again and after I finished that someone came and closed my laptop lid when I wasn't looking. Well, I was supposed to save it but for some reason I didn't. That was a big mistake. I've learned the hard way in the past that if my laptop falls asleep, or somebody closes the lid while the game is still in play mode, basically wasn't exited out of, then when I awake the laptop, I'm basically opening the lid up to a black screen with an error message in the middle. That error message is telling me that there was an error and it's now going to force quit the application, in my case the Nancy Drew game. So that's what I was afraid of when I went back to the laptop and the lid was down. When I opened it the game was forced quit and I forgot to save too, so now I have to play it again. Hopefully it won't take that long, and if I get that part re-recorded, then the editing should be a breeze since that part of the game is all I have to add in. Everything else is already edited. After I get that done then I should be able to edit parts 3 and 4 then upload parts 2-4 up onto YouTube.

No comments: